What’s the weirdest thing to have been left in a hotel room? According to the Independent and the Daily Mail, the answer might be weirder than you imagine:
A python, a winning EuroMillions lottery ticket, Harry Potter’s wand and breast implants: just some of the bizarre items left in UK hotel rooms last year
A python, a winning EuroMillions lottery ticket, Harry Potter’s wand, breast implants, a bucket of live crabs and a diamond-encrusted iPhone have topped a list of the most bizarre items people have left behind in hotel rooms.
Budget hotel chain Travelodge has named some of the items relegated to their lost and found offices across the country last year.
Breast implants, a bucket of live crabs and a £10,000 Tiffany engagement ring… some of the bizarre items left behind in hotel rooms
– 20,000 books left at Travelodge hotels – a third were Fifty Shades of Grey
– Also forgotten were £50,000 Rolex and an 8ft pop-up spray tanning booth
– 76,500 forgotten cuddly bears reunited with their owners by hotel staff
– 200 Queen Elizabeth masks were found at a Travelodge hotel in Windsor
– Also left behind were pet python called Monty and a pantomime horse
It’s an impressive list of items – an original Harry Potter wand, breast implants, a bucket of live crabs, a pet python, a £10,000 Tiffany engagement ring and a set of four Power Rangers costumes.
And all of them were left behind in Travelodge hotels last year, along with a winning EuroMillions ticket, a £50,000 Rolex watch, an 8ft pop-up spray tanning booth – and even a pantomime horse.
There are no prizes for being able to spot that this story is, in fact, a press release from the prolific PR department of Travelodge – the eye-catchingly varied nature of the items left behind proving perfect tabloid fodder.